Nuffnang

Monday, August 9, 2010

I AM THANKFUL

For the teenager
-Who is complaining about doing dishes, because she is at home, and not on the streets;

For the taxes i pay
-Because it means I am employed;

For the mess to clean after a party
-Because it means I have been surrounded by friends;

For the clothes that fit a little too snug
-Because it means I have enough to eat;

For the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing
-Because it means I have a home;

For the lady behind me in church
-Who sings off key, because it means I can hear;

For the pile of clothing and ironing
-Because it means I have clothe to wear;

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
-Because it means I have been capable of working hard;

For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
-Because it means that I am alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment